What is exercise physiology?
Exercise physiology provides exercise interventions for people with a broad range of health issues and anyone at risk of developing, or having an existing, medical condition and injury. Exercise physiology aims to prevent or manage acute, or chronic disease or injury, and restore optimal physical function, health or wellness.
The primary interventions are exercise-based, but also include health and physical activity education, advice and support and lifestyle modification. The focus is on achieving behavioural change and a good quality of life.
Why is exercise important?
Exercise improves every aspect of your health. Regular exercise reduces stress, manages weight gain, prevents illness and improves concentration and memory. Ultimate wellness requires a strong, healthy body and mind!
Exercise is a fundamental part of holistic health care. Our exercise physiologist can guide your fitness journey by giving you sound advice and tailoring support to meet your specific needs.
AwareHub is LGTBIQ+ friendly and a Transgender Safe Space.
Benefits of Exercise
- Strengthen muscles and bones
- Develop endurance and physical fitness
- Positive mood effect
- Improve blood pressure control
- Reduce stress
- Reduce risk of disease
- Improve brain health
- Improve management of chronic conditions
- Improve sleep quality
- Improve joint pain and stiffness
- Weight management
- Personal training
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Worker’s compensation claims
- Veterans affairs
- NDIS personal training, health and wellbeing
- Transgender exercise groups
- Enhanced primary care
- Small group exercise
- Chronic disease management
- Sports injury management and rehabilitation
- Trauma-informed exercise
- Gross motor skills and co-ordination
- Pain management
- Seniors and aged-care wellness