At AwareHub, we believe in the power of community and support when it comes to mental well-being. Our carefully curated groups and workshops provide a nurturing environment where individuals can connect, learn, and grow together. Join us as we explore various topics and develop valuable skills to enhance your overall mental health.
DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY (dbt) group – 10 weeks
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy or DBT is a group, therapeutic approach that combines elements of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) with mindfulness practices, emphasising acceptance and change as key components of treatment. The therapy focuses on helping individuals find a balance between acceptance and change; acceptance of your current circumstances and emotions whilst working towards making a positive change in your life.
Our DBT group is designed to support individuals who struggle with emotional regulation, interpersonal conflicts, and self-destructive behaviours. Led by experienced therapists, this group provides a safe space to learn and practice essential DBT skills, such as mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Weeks 1 – 3: Distress tolerance and mindfulness
- Weeks 4 – 7: Emotion regulation and mindfulness
- Weeks 8 – 10: Interpersonal effectiveness and mindfulness
This is a closed group (which means once the course begins, no new participants can join in) that runs once a week for one and half hours for 10 weeks. The closed group creates a safe environment in which to build trust and grow. Participants have to attend and pay for all 10 weeks. Participants attending DBT do need to have weekly individual therapy for the duration of the course. This therapy can be with a psychologist not working at AwareHub.
Mindfulness for teens workshop – 9 weeks
Mindfulness trains your brain to be in the present moment, rather than worrying about the future or stressing about the past. Our workshop is based on the Mindfulness in Schools Program; a very well-researched program that is practised world-wide. Participating in this course will help to improve your teen’s:
- Mental health and well-being
- Concentration and cognition
- Social skills and emotional learning
- Very experienced facilitator – Kim Slender
- 1 hour session every Tuesday from 5pm (after school)
- The full course costs only $450 (Medicare rebates or NDIS funding may apply)
This is a closed group 9 week course with maximum of 8 to 10 places. To register your interest please contact reception at email@example.com.
Social skills program – 6 weeks
Introducing Our 6-Week Social Skills Program
Specifically designed for young people aged 17-25 with a diagnosis of autism. Our program provides a supportive environment to nurture vital life skills. Led by an experienced facilitator who understands your unique perspective, each session delves into key areas:
- Enhance social cues understanding
- Master effective communication
- Boost self-confidence
- Cultivate genuine friendships
- Navigate online interactions safely
- Develop essential conflict resolution skills
- Acquire workplace ready skills
Get ready to accelerate your social skills in only 6weeks. Thursdays 11:00am-1:00pm 21st & 28th September and 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th October.
Secure your spot today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fuelling resilience: building strategies to prevent burnout – Live presentation
Join our corporate counsellor Pam Espin for an insightful presentation on preventing burnout and cultivating resilience in both personal and professional life. The session will cover the following topics:
- What is burnout and how it affects us
- The 12 warning signs of burnout
- Effective strategies for preventing burnout
- Building resilience in your personal life
- Developing sustainable habits to cultivate high performance in the workplace
Join Pam Espin on Saturday mornings at 10am starting from August 2023 for this enriching presentation. The session, which includes a 50 minute presentation and 10 minute Q&A session, is priced at $97 per person. Please note a minimum of 6 participants is required for the session to proceed.
Don’t miss this oppurtunity to gain valuable insights and practical tools to prevent burnout, enhance resilience, and foster your personal and professional well-being. Reserve your spot toady by contacting email@example.com